NewsBase Media Monitoring System
In general, NewsBase Media Monitoring system works with a variety of input sources, including:
* Iranian Print Media: Newspapers, General interest or Specialty magazines (weekly / monthly) and alike
* Iranian Online Media: Wire services, News Agencies, News Portals, Specialty websites
* Iranian Social Media (and Group messaging Apps): Instagram, Twitter, Video sharing platforms, Telegram channels, popular forums and alike.
* Broadcast media: Iran's State TV and Radio channels
The output reports generated in both English and Persian languages based on the raw input data include:
* Crisis reporting: Whether there is a brewing issue which can potentially turn into a harmful piece for the client's brand position and reputation, or the crisis stage is already reached, the client will be notified immediately.
* Daily reporting: Media Monitoring reports are generated on 24-hours cycles based on all news and views about the client's brand, rivals and industry. These standard daily reports include summary charts, sentiment analysis, media ranking, press clipping of all items, metrics and measurements and other necessary information.
* Weekly, Monthly or Annual reports: Compared to daily reports, these reports are more on the "bigger picture" side. They offer further insight into the overall situation of the client's brand, rivals, industry, and general political and economic trends of Iran within a certain timeframe.
* Event Reports: Reports on special events, such as product launches or any other one-off incident which occurs within a certain timeframe. Monitoring the media (selected based on the nature of the event) and generating reports usually starts at least a week prior to the event and keeps going for a minimum of 2 weeks after the event, so that we can include all possible media coverage.
* Industry Reports and other tailor-made reports: Reports that focus on how in general an industry, a line of product or services are reflected in the media. These reports normally cover a specific time-frame and their measurements are defined as per client's requirements. This service is mostly used by clients who are considering entering Iran's market.
Media Monitoring is benefiting greatly from today's advanced technology. Studies show that the human readers typically miss 30 to 40% of articles containing clients’ keywords, largely because the readers quickly scan the articles for multiple clients’ keywords, not actually reading the articles word for word. Using an intelligent system, our goal is to minimize these errors.
Newsbase Media Monitoring System which is fully developed by our team provides:
- Speed and Accuracy Combined – The system is designed to be able to receive a large amount of input data, easily delegate tasks to different users, and maximise output accuracy and speed through various human and software checkpoints.
- Live Feedback system – Shall any error or problem occur, the feedbacks allow for better improvement of the system and further optimization.
- Room for Further Developments – Should the client need to add new definitions or strategy, the system is capable of further expansion accordingly.
There are three general methods of Quality Control in this system:
- Feed Control: The incoming feed from our “Crawling Service” is pretty advanced in terms of selecting technology and accuracy. Nevertheless, all major websites are also manually monitored to make sure that the crawler does not miss out any important piece. Possible errors will be rectified accordingly.
- Automatic control: The system itself contains smart algorithms which help immediate reporting of errors to users at any point.
- Human control: Since the automated system is incapable of understanding the context and matters of linguistics, it is important to keep a human eye on all parts. All users are in charge of monitoring the contents while the job is in their hands. Should there be any errors, they will either rectify them or refer back to the person in charge of the previous step.
While the detailed list of reports we generate are listed below, you can also navigate through other pages to get more information on Iran's Media Environment, How we generate Media Monitoring reports, and how to get in touch with us for a free evaluation and gathering more details on our plans and costs.
Alternatively, you can write to us and ask for a free sample report.